How to prevent sexual harassment
Sexual harassment is one of the oldest crimes in the book and it’s one that often seems to go unpunished. In today’s R-rated, “sex sells” culture, sexual harassment can happen to anyone, anywhere, at any time. And it does. All too often.
The US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission defines sexual harassment as “unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.” Yes, that’s right: sexual harassment DOES NOT have to include actual intercourse or even physical acts of any kind. When a creepy co-worker
won’t stop hitting on you, the stranger on the train won’t stop pressing their leg against yours (even when you move away), that’s still sexual harassment and deserves to be punished.
In order to keep yourself safe from harassment of any type, take the following precautions.
1. Have MULTIPLE emergency contacts.
Going out on a blind date? Heading to an event with some people you don’t know that well yet? Always have two emergencies contacts. Yes, two. We’ve all had the experience of calling your friend for a ride home, but she doesn’t pick up. Have someone you can call just in case your first choice is busy.
2. “No” means NO.
The second you tell somewhat that what they’re doing is bothering you, that action becomes harassment. So, if you feel uncomfortable and uneasy, let the creep know that you don’t want their attention. If they know you’re uncomfortable and continue to annoy you, you have yourself a sexual harassment case.
3. Don’t be embarrassed or ashamed.
Us college students and young professionals are constantly trying to make a good impression on the people around us in order to work our way up the academic or professional ladder. That being said, it’s usually the reason why so many sexual harassment cases go unnoticed and unreported in the professional world. Victims don’t want to lose their job or make a bad impression, so they try to ignore unwanted advances. When it comes to you, your safety comes first. Don’t let a potential job opportunity stop you from telling off your creepy boss.
4. Doubt equals don’t.
Yeah, that’s a quote from Oprah, but the woman’s got a point. If you’re ever in a situation where you’re feeling some doubt, it’s your gut’s way of telling you that you something is wrong. That guy seem to be comin’ on a bit too strong? Get out of there. Not sure you want to give that stranger your number? Don’t. We all have instincts for a reason – to protect us – so listen to yours.
Sexual harassment CAN be prevented and punished, but only if victims and onlookers stay proactive. Put yourself first, keep your friends close, and stay on your toes. The world is only as dangerous as you let it be.
Feel not slim enough? Wanna lose your weight? I've got some tips for ya :D
Everyone knows the keys to losing : Eat less and exercise more. Sounds simple enough, but in the context of real life and its demands, it can be anything but simple. Here's the tips :
1. Drink plenty of plain water or other calorie-free beverages
People sometimes confuse thirst with hunger. So you can end up eating extra calories when an ice-cold glass of water is really what you need. If you don't like plain water, try adding citrus or a splash of juice, or brew infused teas like mango or peach, which have lots of flavor but no calories.
2. Think of what you should add on your diet not what you should take away
Work vegetables into meals instead of just serving them as sides on a plate.
3. Consider whether you're really hungry
Your stomach is only the size of your fist, so it takes just a handful of food to fill it comfortably. Keeping your portions reasonable will help you get more in touch with your feelings of hunger and fullness.
4. Be choosy about night time snacks
Mindless eating occurs most frequently after dinner, when you finally sit down and relax. Sitting down with a bag of chips or cookies in front of the television is an example of eating amnesia, where you mindlessly eat without being hungry, but out of habit
5. Eat several mini-meals during the day
If you eat fewer calories than you burn, you will lose weight. But when you're hungry all the time, eating fewer calories can be challenging. Studies show people who eat 4-5 meals or snacks per day are better able to control their appetite and weight
6. Eat protein at every meal
Diet higher in protein [and] moderate in carbs, along with a lifestyle of regular exercise, have an excellent potential to help weight loss
9 ways to conquer BOREDOM
Who's bored here? I am now,lol. For those people who always feel bored everyday,every time or even every second just like me, let's read these tips :
So how do you improve quality in your experiences? I believe there are two major ways you can do it, externally and internally. But if you chronically experience busyness (not just being busy, but actively disliking the busyness) or boredom then you would probably need to tackle to problem from both ends.
Here are some ways to consider improving quality in your experiences:
1. Plan Ahead – Schedule your life to ensure there aren’t huge gaps or compressions later. This can mean scheduling high quality experiences if you find yourself frequently bored. It can also mean dividing large projects if you find yourself chronically busy.
2. Win-Win – If you must perform an activity you think has low quality, that’s suboptimal. Find ways to reorganize your life so that jobs, chores and duties can become interesting high-quality experiences.
3. Prioritize – I know it’s been said before, but if you don’t manage time you will never have enough of it. There are always more things to do than you have time for. If that weren’t the case, time would be a meaningless concept. Get your values straight so that the highest priorities are handled first and your life doesn’t get overtaken by the unimportant.
4. Put Quality of Experience First – It is easy to get caught up in external goals that don’t fulfill their promises. Focus on goals that will give you a greater quality, not just a bigger paycheck or more status to brag about.
5. Escape the Motions – Habits are a part of your life, but don’t let them become the only thing. Break out of your patterns if they aren’t giving you what you need
Most of the ways to improve your quality of experience and conquer boredom are internal. Less what you’re doing, but how.
1. Build an Inner World – I’m not suggesting you create a complete rift between yourself and reality. But also realize that if you can’t find quality in your immediate surroundings, you can find it within yourself. Traversing the environment inside your own head can be a means to compensate for any temporary lack. Solving internal problems, reviewing knowledge, coming up with new ideas, creating stories or even planning for the future are all areas you can explore in the mind without any external stimulus.
2. Seek Quality in the Now – What are you doing right now? What can you find that has quality for you. Remember quality is what you like. It is whatever you find interesting, challenging, pleasing or otherwise mentally satisfying. If you ask yourself this question you can usually come up with an answer. Seeking quality right now allows you to find it even if your environment is bare or overloaded.
3. Unchain Yourself - A lot of mental unease is caused because you feel forced to do something. You have to go to work. You have to study for your test. You have to do this or that. Realize that you don’t have to do anything, just accept different results. Freedom is in your mind.
4.Stop - Boredom and feeling overloaded are both patterns. They are mental spirals you run on yourself that loop back on each other. If you just interrupt yourself for a few minutes and think more deeply about the problem you can often come up with a good answer independent of these suggestions. Stop and conquer.
How to get rid of PIMPLES ?
1. Healthy Living
Take care of healthy living with regards to drinking a lot of water, getting exercise, sleeping enough at night time, and reducing reduce stress levels.
2. Washing Your Face
You should wash your face twice a day with a gentle skin cleanser. One washing in the morning and once before bedtime is the best way to go. Avoid bar soap on your face or anything too abrasive.
Your diet should be a healthy mix of all four food groups with a good dose of fresh fruits and vegetables to get your skin acne free. Chocolate and oily foods don’t actually cause acne, but it never hurts to eat right and take care of your body.
4. Bad Habits
Avoid things like smoking, sun tanning, and drinking too many sugary or caffeinated beverages. All of your bad habits can result in nasty things accumulating in your pores and forming blockages.
5. Trial and Error
As for which creams or lotions to use to get rid of pimples, there is no one answer for everyone. Some products will work for people, while they will inspire complaints about their ineffectiveness from others.
6. No Popping
Don’t pop your pimples if you can help it. It might make things worse, especially if you have sever acne.
7. No Touching
We’ve already mentioned the dangers of touching your face too often, but remember there are more things that come into contact with your face than your hands
8. Let it Breathe
Give your skin a breather from time to time. You don’t need to have medicine on your face every second of the day. Your face is naturally resilient and it will help to let it heal naturally from time to time.
9. Help from a Skin Doctor
See a dermatologist! You can’t always deal with your acne all by yourself. Get help from someone who knows what they are doing and can prescribe more powerful treatments if needed.
10. The Right Acne Products
Aim for Healthy Skin rather than just looking for overnight results that may not last. What usually results from brute force methods such as over-treatment or popping pimples is that your skin will get worse.
Thanks for reading, hope it's worked <3